Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry
I'm sorry you didn't like what I did
                                                                                 It's ok
                                                                     I don't want to talk about it
I won't do it again
I'll wait a little while before I try again
                                                                                I know
                                                                                 I wish
Are you ok?
Can I go home now?
                                                                             Yeah, I'm fine
                                                        No, but I don't want to talk to you about it
Ok. I love you
Ok, bye
                                                                             I love you too
                                                              I don't have anything else to say

**************************************************************************

When I thought about this piece, I was thinking about how sometimes we say something when we actually mean something else. A common example is when we say we're ok, when we're really not but we don't want to talk about it. I wanted to write a poem that showed how we can have an entire conversation that should mean one thing, when there's actually a different meaning to everything, which gives a completely different feeling. If you read the regular text on both sides, it sounds like a caring couple that's agreeing to move on from something. However, if you read the italicized text, it's a different story with a different mood. The conflicting meanings are meant to show how there is a lack of meaningful communication and a darker mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment